Winstrol (Stanozolol) is the most popular anabolic steroid of its type and one of the top three among all anabolic steroids. It can be used orally and by injection. This steroid was originally used for medical purposes to treat muscle diseases, damaged skin tissues, and childhood stunt-growth.
Winthrop introduced Stanozolol to the market in 1962 under the name “Winstrol.” In Europe, the prescription drug was known as “Stromba.”
Interestingly, the Cosmetic Act of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) was amended that year, so drug companies had to offer proof of their drugs’ effectiveness before FDA approval was granted. In 1970 the FDA concluded that anabolic steroids, including Stanozolol, were likely totbe effective for treating certain types of osteoporosis and dwarfism.
Winstrol is one of the few anabolic steroids, along with Anavar that survived the sharp decline in this type of drug manufacturing from the late 1980s to early 1990s. During the 1990s Winstrol started to be used to treat anemia due to its ability to boost the body’s manufacturing of red blood cells.
This anabolic steroid’s production was discontinued, then launched again by Ovation Pharmaceuticals in 2003 when it bought the rights to make Winstrol. Today there are no pharmaceutical-grade versions of Winstrol existing in the N. American market. However, today the steroid is manufactured by well-known companies under generic brands around the world.
The most common way to take Winstrol is through pill form. Its daily recommended dosage is 40-80 mg. Anabolic steroids stay in the system for 9 hours, so it’s recommended to take it twice a day to get the best results.
When taking Winstrol, it’s also important that you use the lowest possible effective dose.
This helps you obtain optimum results without greatly boosting your chance of unwanted side-effects. Meds that might interact with Winstrol include insulin, blood thinners, and diabetic medications.
It’s critical to inform your physician of any medications you’re currently taking so they can determine any changes you may need to make in your drug or food intake. If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, it’s highly recommended that you avoid taking Winstrol. Studies show that taking anabolic steroids while nursing newborns can cause possible negative results. It’s important to consult your physician about this or any issue health you may have.
Winstrol’s various benefits include:
- Low degree of progestogenic activity
- Affects sex hormones
- Steroids remain in the system for 9 hours
- Instant collagen synthesis, boost
- Faster tissue repair
- Binds with androgen receptors
Weightlifters and bodybuilders can benefit greatly from Winstrol. It can boost lean muscle mass and help prepare you for competitions. You can experience higher levels of strength, speed, endurance and powered vascularity. The anabolic steroid can also produce super-fast results.
Bodybuilders can experience several specific benefits including the following:
Increases endurance: This is due to the boosted production of red blood cells. It helps to deliver more oxygen to the body, including the muscles. That in turn helps athletes to boost endurance and reduce recovery times. Winstrol is a good option for athletes like runners and cyclists.
- Boost muscle mass/strength: These are general results from anabolic steroids, but Winstrol in particular boosts not only muscle size but also strength.
- More speed/agility: Winstrol can boost strength, so this results in increases in speed and agility. This, in turn, improves an athlete’s overall performance.
- Fewer side-effects: Some side-effects exist, but when you take the recommended dosage of Winstrol you’ll be unlikely to experience side-effects. The key is to take the right dosage.
- No conversion to estrogen: This helps to prevent various side-effects in male users like forming feminine breasts.
- Different application options: You can take Winstrol by injection or tablets. Injections seem to provide faster/better results, but can cause some soreness.
- High bio-availability: This is due to the drug passing through a person’s liver easily. This is why Winstrol is available via tablets and injection. The steroid’s benefits are maximized when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Lean appearance: If you want a lean appearance instead of bulk, then Winstrol is a good option. Bodybuilders need to add lean muscle mass, but adding extra bulk is unwanted, so Winstrol is a good option.
- Steroid stacking: You can use Winstrol with other steroids during a cycle while not lowering dosages. That’s due to the steroid’s ability to lower the body’s SHBG levels.
- No water retention: When you want to look your best, you’ll want to avoid water retention. This won’t be a problem with this steroid, so it’s a great option if you’re getting ready for a show. If you simply want to bulk up, then this will be less of an issue.
Winstrol’s Effects on SHBG
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) is a protein that blinds or attaches to various other sex hormones in the human body like testosterone, estrogen, and synthetic anabolic steroids. After the protein attaches to these hormones it can starts to do help you build mass and strength.
Winstrol’s Side Effects
All pharmaceutical products have possible side-effects and Winstrol is no exception. It’s important to follow the instructions on the box or your doctors advise to minimize the chance you’ll experience side effects. Here are some of the possible side-effects of Winstrol:
Winstrol boosts your body’s DHT level, which causes hair follicles to shrink and eventually stop growing.
This is the most common side-effect. When you take steroids your body produces more fluids, including oil, which can cause acne.
If you start taking Winstrol, you might have problems falling asleep. You might also feel continuous anger and especially if you’re on the 0-carb phase, preparing for a bodybuilding competition.
This is one of the biggest concerns in terms of side-effects of Winstrol and steroids in general. While pills can cause potential liver damage injections are even more toxic.
This is one of Winstrol’s most serious side-effects. That’s because it boosts the “bad” cholesterol that can cause serious health conditions like a heart attack/stroke.
Other possible side-effects include:
- Ankle swelling
- Sex drive changes
- Face swelling
- Dark urine
It should be noted the side-effects might differ for male and female patients. For example, men might experience frequent penis erections and women might experience changes in menstrual periods. The good news is you can take other products with Winstrol like liver protectors to help deal with the steroid’s possible side-effects.